Review: A Short Stay in Hell

1:35:00 AM


A Short Stay in Hell
A Short Stay in Hell by Steven L. Peck

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Well, I should've read the book several months ago. But I was lazy as well as busy. Well the book is really good. A bunch of dead souls trapped in practically infinite Library of Babel to find their life-story... This one line is needed for a person to become interested in this book.
Overall it seemed God's way of "I want to play a game....". Trapping people in a library where zillions of books. Story comprises of several things: people coming closer to each other, sharing how they died; some delusional people who thought that they had to make it a hell; couple staying billions of years together(!).. and it ended with some sort of tragedy.
I would like to quote something, "Then came centuries of agonizing thought. I knew I had not even fallen a light-year yet. I had googols and googols of of light-years to go. There is a despair that goes deeper than existence."
To be honest, first I thought it would not be a bad hell as there were tons of books to read. Then the first surprise came to me as how the books were! Also, I had pretty much an estimation how many books are there after I knew how the books were written. Turns out that this is as bad as a lot of other hells I knew about.
Although I wonder how Wand and our Hero made love two time while they were falling. -_-"
Finally, a pleasant story.
:)



View all my reviews

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images