The Box Man

10:13:00 PM


The Box Man
The Box Man by Kōbō Abe

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Dafuq Did I just read? O.o

The most confusing book I've ever read. Probably I should read it again as at the end it seemed that the book is nonlinear. Although it took me fairly one month (!) to read this book. The less than first half went just fine and I really liked how a person became a box man and the elaborate design of the box it self, I thought the book would be fantastic. But unfortunately after that I started to loose the grip. Probably because the version I read didn't have any chapter marks and all the text was as a single chapter. And there were a lot of nudity in the text which I do not find that attractive. There was a description of a nurse's getting naked comprising several pages!! Probably not my level yet... After that I left the book on my desk for more than a week. Then I almost lost all interest in it, until couple days ago.... :\



View all my reviews

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images