Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases

12:13:00 PM



My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was interested to read it just because it's a part of DN franchise. This review may contain spoiler; so read at your own accord.

So, I liked it? I rated 4. Yes I liked it.

Let's talk about the rundown first. The B.B had shinigami eyes. Well, I didn't like it at all. I think the Shinigami eyes were mentioned as a fan service, I'm a fan But I don't like stupid fan services. And shinigami eye is a stupid edition to the novel. (To all the franchise out there, please don't ruin your reputation doing stupid things!!).



Another thing is L should've checked up on Rue Ryuzaki when Rue introduced himself to Misora. But it seems he didn't. 1st i thought if I should let it slide as it was mentioned in the novel that L felt tremendous pressure while solving this case and may be because of that he wasn't at his 100% during the time frame. But I should mention it anyway.


There are a lot of good things about the novel. The story is really fast paced (I've read books that are bigger than this book and slower than this book. Bigger than this book, boring than this book). But it's a fact that if the reader hasn't read the original manga or watched the anime series the story is pretty clear to the reader, i.e the reader should've easily get the final outcome. But it effectively makes a fan wonder how the story would end (yes, fan-service again, but it's really the heart of this novel. And that's what makes it good.). The plan to defeat L made by B.B was really cool.

The one thing that I did't understand in this book how the looked rooms were created using the triangle. I think I should try it out one day but unfortunately we don't have such locks described in the books in my house.

It's a good read. Enjoyable and should please most of the fans. But if you are not a fan, this book is a "No No".

Finally I would have liked if the title didn't have Death Note in it. If it were just "Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases" and a part of Death note universe it would be better. That doesn't matter anyway.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images