Her Last Race

3:37:00 PM





Her Last Race
  
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The best thing about the book is it takes you right into behind the scenes of Horse Racing. Although, I don't know much about horse racing I enjoyed every bit of it.
The main problem about the story is its predictable. It can be said I knew Nottingham's Nightmare Lucifera will be tamed by Nicole; there will be an accident which will either make the mother & daughter come closer or it will take them far apart. Personally I like tragedies more.
Nevertheless, this is really well written, one should not feel any mental fatigue while reading this.
The story is about mother-daughter conflict between Rachel and Nicole, love/hate between two top trainers Rachel and Reno. The previous is the main plot. But these don't make the story progress. It is the horse racing, wins, losses; the racetrack. The writer being an ex-jockey has handful experience to make such story believable. And I think she has done a wonderful job. As a debut novel, it's solid.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images